Faina Innovations limited is a startup company based in Machakos County. The company is currently operating in lower eastern region of Kenya (Machakos, Makueni and Kitui counties) targeting mango farmers. The company is working closely with farmers, researchers, manufactures and marketers to develop and deliver, effective, convenient and affordable farm solutions.
Faina Innovations is implementing a project dubbed “Marketing campaign to increase adoption of solar bags by producers and other stakeholders in mango value chain for management of fruit fly and other pests in Makueni County. The company seeks to employ a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) officer with the following qualifications.
Roles and responsibilities
- Engaging with farmers and stakeholders in the campaign against fruit fly to collect essential data during trainings, field days and other project activities.
- Verifying, recording, managing and preserving monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
- Ensuring implementation of the project activities are in line with the core business of the company.
- Developing monitoring and evaluation tools
- Develop activity, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Developing activity based budgets
- Uploading verified data into the partner’s portal
- Provide technical support on monitoring and evaluation issues to the project team
- Diploma in monitoring and evaluation, statistics, agricultural economics, project management or relevant course
- Degree is an added advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in field data collection
- Data collection and management skills
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel and other MS packages
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Self motivated person able to work under minimum supervision
- Experience in report writing
- Ability to multi task
Application deadline: Interested candidates should apply on or before close of business 28th Feb 2020.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.